CAPK's 2018 Humanitarian Awards Banquet & Fundraiser
Community Action Partnership of Kern (CAPK) will host its annual Humanitarian Awards Banquet & Fundraiser on Thursday, April 19 at 5 pm at the Friendship House Community Center, located in southeast Bakersfield. This years’ festivities will take place outside in the beautiful quad area of the Friendship House Community Center, where guests will enjoy an onsite BBQ family-style meal among friends and family, catered by renowned Chef Nate Vasquez of NV Catering.
Please join us in celebrating local champions in community action--those who empower and advocate for the most vulnerable in Kern County, making our community a better place to live and work. As in the past, awards will include Volunteer of the Year, Partner of the Year, and Humanitarian of the Year. We are honored to have keynote speaker and local champion, Dr. Horace Mitchell, President of California State University, Bakersfield, join us for this wonderful occasion to acknowledge our honorees and to share his life and work to inspire others to achieve excellence.
The Humanitarian Awards Banquet also serves as our agency's largest fundraising event of the year. Join CAPK, and stand with us in our efforts to diminish the effects of poverty in our community. Your support will allow us to meet children and families at their point of need, and provide them with the hope of becoming self-sufficient contributors to our community.
Last year, the work and services of CAPK touched the lives of more than 75,000 of your neighbors, co-workers and family members by:
- Distributing 12.25 million pounds of food for the food insecure;
- Delivering nutrition and breastfeeding awareness and support to some 20,000 women, infants and children;
- Providing utility assistance for close to 7,000 families;
- Offering after-school and summer programs for hundreds of at-risk youth in Southeast Bakersfield and Shafter;
- Delivering early childhood education and preschool to some 5,000 children;
- Making close to 195,000 human and social services referrals to callers seeking assistance through 2-1-1 Kern.
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, please contact: